tulips

tulips

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Late night ramblings.

Hmm... I have been thinking a lot at my life these days. Reflecting on the changes and who I am now. 
Three years ago, I felt that I was wise and mature however the last three years have taught me otherwise. 
My family was correct in telling me to save up- however, young me didn't listen and would like to spend on things I don't need.

Other things come first now.
A wedding.
A house.
A family.

Before I spend anything, I will have to think. Do I need this? Every single dollar counts. Once in awhile some splurges are allowed. However, always thinking twice and finding it on sale or other before purchasing.

Ever since I started work, I started supporting myself for most of my things. Only thing, I didn't really need to worry about was paying for food or rent at home, but I did need to pay for board monthly. This taught me independence, which is great. 

Working was the most important thing in my life, as without work and money I was unable to gain any independence in my life. Despite this, my family still has some control over my life and certain decisions and influences in my life. Even though, I try to ignore it, after all they are family and what they say do matter and it builds like rocks on my shoulders.

Thinking back at what I used to what when I was younger. This was my dream- how unrealistic it was.
I would have graduated from university studying psychology or something similar.  Then obtained a career in my field of studied. One day, I would have met an amazing many who had a full time job; was earning a decent salary. Someone who could support me financially just in case. Even though, I would still be working. 
My family will adore him and everything was perfect. One day he will proposed in a romantic way. A bouquet of flowers and on his knees asking me to marry him. We will have a huge wedding in a beautiful reception. Then later we will be living in a grand house that had a pool (even though I can't swim). My husband will occasionally cook me romantic dinners and spoil me with little surprised. 
Haha! How silly of me to think like that. 

Anyways, life is not as easy as we think. So young and innocent I was.We have to work hard to get where we want to be. 


No comments:

Post a Comment